Because I think the only way healthy eating will work is if it involves cutting corners, here you have it…
My Favorite Quick & Healthy Meal Shortcuts:
1. Buy a good rotisserie chicken, once a week. The options are with these are endless- over salad, with pesto and GF noodles, in a bowl with roasted veggies, mixed with avocado mayo and mustard to become chicken salad, see my favorite chicken salad recipe, adapted from an ERWM meal plan.
2. Hard boil 6-8 eggs each week, then eat these as a protein-rich snack throughout the day or throw one in your lunch. This way, you will actually satisfy your hunger for more than 3 minutes.
3. Get into veggie roasting. Roasting veggies brings their flavors to another dimension, and often caramelizes (yummifies) them! I roast anything from pre-cut bags of baby carrots, cauli, broccoli, or green beans to veggies that do require prep, like onions, sweet potatoes, parsnips, zucchini, fennel, etc. I like to roast most things at 425 for anywhere from 10-45 minutes, depending on size and type of veggie.
4. Get saucy! Keep a few real-ingredient-only sauces/dips on hand. You can either make these yourself of purchase them premade. A few of my favorites are lemon tahini, pesto, fresh salsa (sold in the produce section), hummus, tzatziki, and guacamole.
5. Frozen is not to be forgotten! Just get ya some REAL frozen foods- I often grab sweet potato fries, gluten free pizza crusts, pulled pork, frozen berries, burgers of different kinds, green beans, etc. Love having some frozen goodies on hand for when I’d like a night “off.”