And here ya have it … my favorite chicken salad EVER!
- 1 c sliced almonds
- ½ c grapes
- 1.5 c cubed rotisserie chicken
- ½ c each: chopped onion and celery
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ c avocado or coconut oil mayo, could also sub plain greek yogurt + a touch of honey
- 1-2 tbsp dijon mustard, your preference
- Lay 1 c sliced almonds on a baking sheet. Place them in the oven to broil for 2-3 mins, being careful to not burn them.
- Rinse and cut ½ c grapes in half.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 tbsp olive oil, ¼ c avocado/regular mayo and 1-2 tbsp dijon mustard, depending on how tangy you like your chicken salad. Stir well, then add in your chicken cubes, grape halves, chopped onion and celery, and S/P.
- Top your chicken salad with a nice dose of toasted almonds and enjoy!
Serve chicken salad with GF crackers, in a wrap or on a sandwich, or over mixed greens. If taking the salad route, sprinkle some olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the greens.