So, you’ve made Turkey & Sun-dried Tomato Mini Meatloaves and now comes the amazing part...
Here are two UNIQUE meals you can make using those leftovers. They are SO good and SUPER fast, what could be better than that?
LEFTOVER REMIX MEAL #1: Roasted Tomatoes with Olives and Feta
- 3-4 plum or vine ripe tomatoes
- ½ pound Turkey and Sun-dried Tomato Mini Meatloaf, crumbled*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh bread, for serving
*If cooking the “stack” of 3 meals, you will have this leftover from Turkey & Sun-dried Tomato Meatloaf. Alternatively, you can substitute cooked ground turkey.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Slice plum/vine ripe tomatoes in half longways with a serrated knife. Using a teaspoon, scoop out all the seeds. Rest the tomato halves cut side down on paper towels (to drain extra moisture) while you prepare stuffing.
- In a medium bowl, mix together turkey meat, olive oil, minced garlic, parsley, olives, and some salt and pepper. Lay tomato halves open side up in a 8x8 baking dish. Stuff each tomato with the filling, then top with feta cheese.
- Place tomatoes in the oven and cook until warmed throughout and soft, about 20-25 minutes. Broil for an additional minute to brown your feta. Serve with fresh toasted and buttered bread.
LEFTOVER REMIX MEAL #2: Spinach, Artichoke and Broccoli Pasta Salad
- 1 12 ounce box of pasta (farfalle, caserecce, fusilli or something similar)
- 8 ounces of quartered artichokes marinated in olive oil (reserve ¼ cup of the marinade)
- 4 ounces sliced sun-dried tomatoes marinated in olive oil (reserve ¼ cup of the marinade)
- 4 ounces of spinach, thinly sliced
- ½ pound broccoli or broccolini, roasted and cut into bite size pieces
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Salt and red or black pepper, to taste
- Cook your pasta according to directions on package.
- Add artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, broccoli, olives and ¼ cup of each of the oil marinades (from sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes) to a large bowl or dish.
- Drain and rinse noodles, then mix these into your dish. Garnish with fresh parsley, salt and red or black pepper. Serve at room temperature.
- If cooking the “stack” of 3 meals, enjoy pasta salad with your remaining Turkey & Sun-dried Tomato Meatloaf, reheated and sliced.