So, you’ve made Roasted Sweet Potato Salad and now comes the amazing part...
Here are two UNIQUE meals you can make using those leftovers. They are SO good and SUPER fast, what could be better than that?
LEFTOVER REMIX MEAL #1: Huevos Rancheros
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 4 corn tortillas
- Leftover Roasted Sweet Potato Salad*, about 1 ½ cups
- 3-4 eggs
- 1 small container of fresh Pico de Gallo
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Sour cream, optional topping
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional topping
- Heat olive/avocado oil in a medium-large skillet set to medium heat. Toast your tortillas in the pan for a minute or two on each side, until slightly browned. Plate your tortillas.
- Add your Roasted Sweet Potato Salad to the skillet and cook until warmed through, about 3-4 minutes. Place this on top of your tortillas.
- Add more oil to the skillet if needed, and fry eggs to your liking then add these to your tortillas. Top with pico de gallo and cilantro. Sour cream and cheddar cheese are also optional.
LEFTOVER REMIX MEAL #2: Black Bean & Sweet Potato Burgers
- Leftover Roasted Sweet Potato Salad*, about 1 ½ cups packed
- ½ cup almond meal or breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2-3 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3-4 Ciabatta rolls or buns, for serving
- Lettuce, for serving
- Condiments of your choice, for serving. I recommend avocado mayo, ketchup and/or hot sauce.
*If cooking the stack of 3 meals, you will have this leftover from Roasted Sweet Potato Salad.*
- With the back of a fork or a potato masher, flatten the beans and sweet potatoes from your Roasted Sweet Potato Salad significantly.
- Add almond meal/breadcrumbs, smoked paprika and cumin. Form 3-4 patties out of the mixture.
- Add 2-3 tbsp olive/avocado oil to a cast iron or other large skillet set to medium heat. Once hot, add your burgers and pan fry each side for 2-3 minutes, flipping carefully.
- Slice one avocado. Serve burgers on toasted Ciabatta rolls or buns with avocado, lettuce and any condiments of your choice. I recommend avocado mayo, ketchup and/or hot sauce.