So, you’ve made Tandoori Drumsticks over Mint Basmati Rice and now comes the amazing part...
Here are two UNIQUE meals you can make using those leftovers. They are SO good and SUPER fast, what could be better than that?
LEFTOVER REMIX MEAL #1: Curry Chicken Flatbreads
Serves 2 if cooking the “stack” of 3 meals. Serves 3-4 if cooking this meal only.
- 4 pieces of naan, or other flatbread
- 1 ½ pounds Tandoori Chicken,* or can substitute cooked chicken thighs
- 1 small cucumber
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup Mango Chutney*
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, chopped
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
*If cooking the “stack” of 3 meals, you will have this leftover from Tandoori Drumsticks over Mint Basmati Rice
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place your naan/flatbreads directly on the rack and cook until hardened, about 4-6 minutes, flipping once.
- Meanwhile, slice the meat from your chicken thighs and dice your cucumber. Make your pumpkin spread by combining pumpkin puree with Mango Chutney.
- Remove your naan/flatbreads from the oven once hardened and spread with pumpkin sauce. Top your breads with sliced chicken, cucumbers, mint and crushed red pepper.
LEFTOVER REMIX MEAL #2: Apple and Raisin Chicken Salad
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 ½- 2 pounds Tandoori Chicken,* or can substitute cooked chicken thighs
- 4-6 ounces Roasted Curry Cauliflower,* or can substitute roasted cauliflower
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayo or avocado mayo
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ -1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ -1 teaspoon turmeric
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup raisins or currants
- Toasted naan, optional
*If cooking the “stack” of 3 meals, you will have this leftover from Tandoori Drumsticks over Mint Basmati Rice.
- For quick toasting, set oven to a high broil. Spread sliced almonds out on a baking sheet and spray with olive oil. Place in the oven for 2-3 minutes, until toasted and browned.
- Dice the meat from your chicken thighs and chop your roasted cauliflower into bite size pieces. Also dice 1 apple. In the bottom of a medium bowl, add Greek yogurt, mayo/avocado mayo, honey, curry powder, turmeric and some S/P. Mix well, then stir in raisins/currants, diced chicken and apples.
- Plate your mixed greens and add chicken salad on top. Top with a handful of toasted almonds and enjoy!
- Serve with a side of naan/bread, optional.