These sauces are great as salad dressings, over meat or roasted veggies.
Are you tired of same 'ol boring lunch options?
Does your sandwich, bowl or salad need a little boost?
Try one of these clean dressings, they are sure to take your meals up a few notches!!
Sauce #1: Cilantro Avocado Lime (CAL) Dressing
- ½ c of each of the following: water, olive oil, cilantro leaves
- 1 medium sized avocado (peeled and seed discarded)
- 1 tsp crushed/minced garlic, or 1 garlic clove finely minced
- 2-3 tbsp lime juice (or the juice of one whole lime)
- S/P to taste
- Add all of these ingredients to a food processor or blender and pulse. Depending on the size of your avocado, you may need to add additional water to make the dressing pourable. You can also make a larger batch and keep in the fridge for 3-4 days in an airtight container.
Sauce #2: Smoky Mustard Dressing
- 1⁄2 c olive oil
- 1⁄4 c balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey, or more if you prefer
- Place all ingredients in a sealed container and shake well. Can also make a larger batch and keep in the fridge for 2 weeks.
Sauce #3: Clean Caesar Dressing
- ½ cup mayonnaise or avocado mayo (my preference)
- ⅓ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp garlic (fresh minced, jar minced or paste)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, or juice from one lemon
- 1-2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp of each: apple cider vinegar, honey and soy sauce/liquid aminos
- ¼ tsp of each: salt and black pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl or jar. This can keep in the fridge for up to 1 week.
So, what are you thinking--which one sounds best?
Do share this with a friend who would like a healthy meal upgrade!