I often like to grab 1 1/2- 2 lbs. of a fresh, local wild catch when I see it on sale, or when the good stuff is at Costco.
BUT it can be tricky to use it all before it goes bad, right??
As long as you give it a little love and avoid the microwave, you'll be alright!
Here are two tricks that will turn leftover fish into something new and amazing:
1. Make fish burgers:
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut/olive oil or butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ - ¾ pound cooked fish, flaked
- 2 shallots, minced
- ¼ -⅓ cup almond meal or breadcrumbs
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toasted Ciabatta Rolls or buns, for serving
- In a large skillet set to medium heat, add oil/butter.
- Lightly beat 2 eggs in the bottom of a medium sized bowl. Add flaked fish, shallots, almond meal/breadcrumbs, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and mix well. Form 2-3 burger sized patties out of this mixture (adding more almond meal/breadcrumbs if needed for burgers to hold together).
- Place fish burgers in the hot skillet and sear for 2-4 minutes on each side.
2. Add a good sauce, like this super easy Sesame Aioli:
- ¼ cup mayonnaise or avocado mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- make your Sesame Aioli by combining mayonnaise/avocado mayonnaise, soy sauce/coconut aminos, minced garlic and sesame oil in a small dish.
- Serve fish burgers on rolls or buns, drizzle over some Sesame Aioli and enjoy.