For the filling:
- 4 c chopped apples (about 3 medium apples), skin on is fine
- 1 c frozen berry mix
- 2 tsp almond flour (also known as almond meal)
- 1 tsp cinnamon, optional
For the topping:
- 1 c almond flour
- 1 c gluten free oats
- 1 c unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 c coconut oil or butter, melted
- 1/4 c maple syrup/honey (can use less if desired)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine all of your filling ingredients in a large bowl. Mix them together then transfer them to the bottom of an oil sprayed 8×8 baking dish or pie plate.
3. In the same mixing bowl, mix together the almond flour, oats, coconut, salt and baking soda.
4. Combine the melted coconut oil/butter and honey/syrup then pour this into the oat mixture and combine well.
5. Spoon the the topping mixture over the fruit in an even layer.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the top is crisp and golden brown. Serves 4-6.
Serving ideas: Best served warm. Try Apple Berry Crisp as breakfast over greek yogurt or as dessert along with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped coconut cream. You can also use this in a smoothie along with any other fruit if you have.